How to set up your content hub
First you will need to sign up for a free account with Edition Digital. To do that follow these steps:
- Visit our signup page at https://console.editiondigital.com/auth/register
- Provide your email address, your desired password, prove that you’re not a robot, consent to our Master agreement, and click the red “Let’s go!” button.
- Check your inbox for our activation email. When you receive the email, click on the activation link and you will be automatically logged in the system.
Once you successfully sign up and log in to the system, you will need to purchase a plan that includes the content hub. Here’s how to do that:
- Select “Administration” from the upper main menu.
- Look for the “Purchase a plan” button at the bottom right-hand side of the page and click it.
- Have a look at the available plans and select the one that best fits your needs by clicking “Buy plan”.
- Provide the requested payment information and complete the payment process.
Now that you have your own Edition Digital user account with a plan that contains a content hub, you can start setting it up:
- Select “Content hub” from the main menu.
- Look for the “Hub Settings” button at the top of the right-hand “Properties” panel and click it.
- Select on of the tabs and browse through the settings one by one.
- Make the required changes and click the “Save” button at the bottom.
- Click the “Preview” button at the bottom of the “Properties” panel to see how the changes affect your Content Hub.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 until you circle through all the tabs or until your content hub is set up according to your requirements.
All the visual and functional settings are organised in separate tabs, each focusing on a specific area of the content hub’s user experience, so you can quickly find the settings you’re looking for. The tabs are as follows: General, Theme, Tags & Badges, Header content, Footer content. For better understanding, we’ve explained all the settings hereinafter.
Content hub name: This is where you need to provide a meaningful name that will represent your content hub in various forms. For example, the name will appear in the web browser tab, the hub’s url, and on social media, when someone posts a link to the content hub.
Description: This is where you need to provide a short description of your content hub that will appear on social media, when someone posts a link to the content hub.
Share image: This is where you need to provide an image that will be displayed on social media when someone posts a link to your content hub.
Live url address: This is the the current url address of your content hub.
Template: This is where you can select one of the available templates. Each template provides a different design and layout, which contributes to the hub’s overall look and feel, so just try them out to see which one suites you best.
Back button: Each article and digital edition, created with the Edition Digital system, that’s opened from you content hub, will display a button that enables readers to quickly return to the hub. This is where you can provide a custom caption that will be displayed within that back button.
Further customisation: If you have a specific vision of how your content hub should look, or if you want your content hub to reflect your corporate identity, let us know and we will design and create a unique template just for you.
Color theme: Each template comes with a few different color themes that determined the color of each individual element, like the header, menu, cards, pop-ups, and so on. But you can also define a custom color theme by selecting your preferred color for each element by using the color selector beside the element name.
Tags & Badges
Tags: Tags will help you to organise your content. To add new tags, click “Add tag” and provide its name; to remove tags, click the trash bin icon. The tags you create will appear among the available properties (Properties panel) of the selected content item, where you can assign tags to that item.
Tags will have have no visual impact on the content, but you can enable tags to appear in the menu, where readers can use them to filter content. You can do that in the “Header content” tab.
Badges: Here you can create multiple badges for your content. Each content item can be equipped with one badge, which will be displayed in the top right corner of the card. To create new badges, click “Add badge” and provide its name; to remove badges, click the trash bin icon.
To the right of the selected badge, you can also change its title, text color, and background color. In addition you can also provide an image that will be displayed instead of the badge’s title. The dimensions of the image must be 160x160px.
At the same time you can enable badges to appear in the menu, where readers can use them to filter content. You can do that in the “Header content” tab.
Header items: Here you can enable or disable the available header items. For example, if you don’t want the header to contain the social sharing options, this is where you can turn that feature off.
Header logo: Here you can provide your logo to be displayed in the content hub header.
Menu popup: Select which elements you would like your content hub menu to contain. A preview of the menu is displayed to the right.
To the right of the selected item, you can also change its title, enable or disable the item, and provide the content that will be displayed.
Social channels: Here you can select which of the predefined social channel links you want to display and provide their corresponding web address.You can also click “Add custom chanel url” to create a custom entry, and provide the logo for that social chanel.